FYE is committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to all customers, including those with disabilities.
We believe all of our customers should be able to easily shop with FYE online, and we are continuously making enhancements to our site based on W3C WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, Level AA conformance.
Ways we accomplish our goals
We are taking the following actions to ensure we are in compliance with all laws and guidelines.
- We regularly scan and test our site to ensure we meet or exceed the WCAG 2.1 Level AA criteria.
- We work with a highly respected ADA compliance partner and usability & accessibility specialists to identify the areas of improvement and to ensure our site is accessible and easy to shop for all customers.
- We consistently seek feedback that can enhance the accessibility and shopping experience of FYE.com.
Steps we’ve taken to improve accessibility
Here are some of the steps we have taken so far to make sure all of our customers can easily shop with us:
- Site structure: We are using appropriate markups for headings, paragraphs, and lists to ensure that our content is accessible with assistive technology.
- Consistency: We build all of our pages in a consistent manner so that it’s easy for you to shop with us once you understand the way our website functions and is structured.
- Consulting accessibility experts: We are consulting accessibility experts to manually test our pages and get recommendations on better practices and how to correct any issues.
Steps we are currently taking to improve accessibility
At FYE, we constantly strive to improve the usability and accessibility of our site. Here are some of the items that we are currently addressing to provide an easy shopping experience for all of our customers:
- All non-text content, including images and videos, will contain appropriate alternative text or captions.
- We will work with our partner company to improve markup and plugin labels.
- We will select new web colors for our website to ensure that the contrast between the foreground and background is sufficient.
- We will implement the option to skip directly to content on all pages.
- All areas of the website will be operable without the use of a mouse in a logical way.
- All form elements will be properly labeled and have visible focuses.
Let us know what you think
If you experience any difficulty accessing our website content, please call us immediately at 518-452-1242 and press #2 for Customer Care. We take our ADA responsibilities seriously. If our site does not meet your needs, we want to fix it as soon as possible.