Effective/Updated as of Februrary 20, 2020
We at 2428392, Inc. (FYE, Second Spin, Coconuts, SamGoody, Manifest Music, Spec’s Music, and SunCoast Video) have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to individual privacy. The information you share with 2428392, Inc. allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our stores and our websites.
This Policy covers how and why we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information:
● Within our retail stores in the United States and Puerto Rico
● On our websites
Personal information is information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place a special order in our stores or place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and email address.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores and websites.
We collect two types of information: (1) information you share with us and (2) information we obtain through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites or a cellphone’s information when you connect to our in-store wifi. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business while providing information and products relevant to you.
Information You Share With Us
You share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
● Make an in-store or online purchase or return, or other transaction, with us;
● Create an account on one of our websites;
● Participate in our programs, such as Loyalty or Magazine subscriptions;
● Conduct a transaction where we are required to collect information by law (such as a Used Buyback);
● Request customer service or contact us;
● Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites;
● Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey;
● Apply for employment at any of our locations
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
Information We Obtain Through Technology
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites work correctly and/or supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products. Here are some examples:
● Device Information: 2428392, Inc. uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
● In-Store Wifi: If you connect to our public wifi in select stores, we may collect your device’s MAC address
● Facility Cameras: We operate cameras in some of our stores for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
● To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
● To register and service your account;
● To administer contests, promotions, and surveys;
● To provide customer service and alert you to product information;
● To help us personalize our offerings, websites, and advertising;
● To help us improve your experience in our stores and through our websites;
● To send you information about our products and promotions;
● To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us;
● To protect the security and integrity of our websites
● To perform analysis to better understand our customers.
We allow customers to create an account on our websites. This allows the customer to simplify his or her purchase process at any 2428392, Inc. site. All the information that a customer may supply when creating an online account will be held in the strictest confidence. It will be used simply to manage the payment of orders and shipping of same by us or by third party marketing and order fulfillment partners with whom you have elected to do business.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of FYE?
We will not sell your personal information, except in the event all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized.
Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
We will not share your personal information outside of FYE, except in the following circumstances:
From time-to-time, we may run contests in which we ask customers for contact information (like your e-mail address) and demographic information (like your zip code, age or income level). We use contact data from our contests to send users information about 2428392, Inc. and promotional material from some of our partners. The customer’s contact information is also used to contact the customer when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
Demographic information (like your zip code, age, or income level) and profile data may also be collected on our websites. We use this data to tailor the visitors' experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in and displaying the content according to their preferences. This is designed to enhance the shopping experience.
In some instances, we may share some of this information with certain Marketing Partners.
If you are subscribing to a free magazine trial, we collect specific information including your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth and share this with our partner, along with your credit card information for future billing. We require your signature to confirm this transaction.
If you are subscribing to our subscription loyalty program (Backstage Pass VIP), we collect specific information including your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth and share this with our partner, along with your credit card information for future billing. We require your signature to confirm this transaction.
If you are subscribing to our annual loyalty discount program (Backstage Pass Platinum), we collect specific information including your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth.
Collection of personal information related to Loyalty is used primarily to provide discounts and promotional offers to active members.
Product Delivery & Financial Payments
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
Financial information that is collected is used to check the 2428392, Inc. Partners' qualifications for registration and to bill customers for products and services. Unique identifiers are collected to be used only in the reporting of income tax when the 2428392, Inc. Partner may have received in excess of $600.00 during a fiscal year. (This amount is subject to change by the Federal Government of the United States.)
Products and Services Offered by Other Businesses
We will sometimes enable other businesses to make their products or subscription service available to our customers. You may purchase products or subscribe to services from these other businesses at our stores or through our websites. When you agree to purchase these products or enroll in a subscription or service, we identify the other business and share with this business personal information related to your purchase of their products or subscription service.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of 2428392, Inc., our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
● Protecting the health or safety of customers;
● Addressing crimes committed on 2428392, Inc. property;
● Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
● Providing personal information collected during a used buy back to regulatory agencies as required by law;
● Providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request;
● Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
● Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. However, please understand that even if you have previously opted out, but later consent to sharing your information by accepting a third party's marketing offer, we will share your contact and billing information with that specific third party. In addition, any marketing material you receive from FYE will contain the ability to unsubscribe, resulting in your email removal from that marketing campaign.
Pages on our websites may contain links to other sites. 2428392, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Please refer to the terms of service on each website for details.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
The security of your data is of utmost importance to 2428392, Inc. Read below to learn about our security guarantee.
Our #1 priority is making sure you can shop safely in our stores and on our websites. Our Secure Shopper Guarantee protects you against unauthorized charges on your credit card. If your credit card company holds you liable for any unauthorized charges to your account resulting from your online purchases on our website, your liability will be covered up to $50. By federal law, your credit card company will protect you against unauthorized purchases over $50. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card company in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. To contact us regarding an unauthorized charge on your credit card please visit the https://www.fye.com/contactus page.
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Whether you are shopping on our websites or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
● Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
● Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites and store networks during transport across the Internet. When on our website, the presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window.
● For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help protect your information.
If you need to access your personal information related to a subscribed product/service provided to you by a 2428392, Inc. partner, we will refer you to that partner.