Weird Science [Flashback Edition]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/weird-science-flashback-edition-aec.mhv61103167dvd.html aec.mhv61103167dvd 9/16/08 New
John Hughes's third directorial effort, Weird Science, follows in the tradition of his previous teen-centered films, Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club. Anthony Michael Hall and Ilan Mitchell-Smith play the wannabe hipster Gary and his nebbish weak-willed best friend, Wyatt, a pair of high-school geeks who are hapless with members of the opposite sex. Using Wyatt's computer, they create what they believe is the ideal woman. A lightning storm brings that woman to life, and she takes the form of Kelly Le Brock. Lisa sets about building their self-confidence, but trouble begins brewing when Wyatt's cruel, military-minded older brother, Chet (Bill Paxton), begins to realize that something is not as it should be. Hughes would finish his cycle of high-school themed films with his next movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
1 hour, 34 minutes
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (Recorded in mono, but split to give the illusion of a stereo mix on home theater systems).
- USA & territories, Canada
- It's Alive Resurrecting Weird Science - Stars Anthony Michael Hall and John Kapelos reflect on the making of Weird Science in this 4-part retrospective documentary! Take an inside look at the music, fashion and hilarious characters in the teen comedy about everyone's favorite computer nerds
- Weird Science tv pilot episode: "She's Alive"
- Theatrical trailer
Number of Discs