The Fast and the Furious (2001) screenwriter David Ayer follows up that fast-paced action hit with this gritty cop drama from director Antoine Fuqua. Ethan Hawke stars as Jake Hoyt, a fresh-faced Los Angeles Police Department rookie anxious to join the elite narcotics squad headed up by 13-year veteran Detective Sergeant Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington). Harris has agreed to give Hoyt a shot at joining his team with a one-day ride-along during which Hoyt must prove his mettle. As the day wears on, however, it becomes increasingly clear to the greenhorn that his experienced mentor has blurred the line between right and wrong to an alarming degree, enforcing his own morally compromised code of ethics and street justice. As he struggles with his conscience, an increasingly alarmed Hoyt begins to suspect that he's not really being given an audition at all; he's being set up as the fall guy in an elaborate scheme. Training Day co-stars Tom Berenger, Scott Glenn, and recording artists Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and Macy Gray. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
Warner Home Video
R -- Restricted
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- USA & territories, Canada
- Behind-the-scenes documentary "HBO First Look: The Making of Training Day"
- Feature-length audio commentary by director Antoine Fuqua
- Additional scenes
- Alternate ending
- 2 music videos: Nelly's "#1" and Pharoahe Monch's "Got You"
- Interactive menus
- Theatrical trailer
- Cast/film highlights
- Scene access
- Languages: English & Français (dubbed in Quebec)
- Subtitles: English, Français & Español
- DVD-ROM PC features: link to the original theatrical web site and other locations. Log in to future online events.
Number of Discs