Detailshttps://www.fye.com/trading-places-aec.prt59160087000dvd.html aec.prt59160087000dvd 1/24/17 New
The "nature-nurture" theory that motivated so many Three Stooges comedies is the basis of John Landis's hit comedy. The fabulously wealthy but morally bankrupt Duke brothers (Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche) make a one-dollar bet over heredity vs. environment. Curious as to what might happen if different lifestyles were reversed, they arrange for impoverished street hustler Billy Ray Valentine (Eddie Murphy) to be placed in the lap of luxury and trained for a cushy career in commodities brokerage. Simultaneously, they set about to reduce aristocratic yuppie Louis Winthorpe III (Dan Aykroyd to poverty and disgrace, hiring a prostitute (Jamie Lee Curtis) to hasten his downfall. When Billy Ray figures out that the brothers intend to dump him back on the streets once their experiment is complete, he seeks out Winthorpe, and together the pauper-turned-prince and prince-turned-pauper plot an uproarious revenge. With the good-hearted prostitute and Winthorpe's faithful butler (Denholm Elliott) as their accomplices, they set about to hit the brothers where it really hurts: in the pocketbook. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
R -- Restricted
1 hour, 56 minutes
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby Digital Stereo
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (Recorded in mono, but split to give the illusion of a stereo mix on home theater systems).
- USA & territories, Canada
- Insider Trading: The Making of Tradinng Places
- Trading Stories
- The Deleted Scene with Optional Commentary by Executive Producer George Folsey, Jr.
- Dressing the Part
- The Trade in Trading Places
- Trivia Pop-Ups
- Industry Promotional Piece
Number of Discs