Top Gun [WS] [2 Discs]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/top-gun-ws-2-discs-aec.prt56384dvd.html aec.prt56384dvd 12/14/04 New
Devil-may-care navy pilot Pete Mitchell (Tom Cruise) is sent to Miramar Naval Air Station for advanced training. Here he vies with Tom Kasansky (Val Kilmer) for the coveted "Top Gun" award. When not so occupied, Mitchell carries on a romance with civilian consultant Charlotte Blackwood (Kelly McGillis). Shaken up by the death of a friend, Mitchell loses the Top Gun honor to Kasansky. Worried that he may have lost his nerve, Mitchell is given a chance to redeem himself during a tense international crisis involving a crippled US vessel and a flock of predatory enemy planes. The story wasn't new in 1986, but Top Gun scored with audiences on the strength of its visuals, especially the vertigo-inducing aerial sequences. The film made more money than any other film in 1986 and even spawned a 1989 takeoff, Hot Shots. An Academy Award went to the Giogio Moroder-Tom Whitlock song "Take My Breath Away." ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
PG -- Parental guidance suggested
1 hour, 49 minutes
- Dolby Digital Surround
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Digital Theater Systems (akin to 5.1)
- Digital Theater Systems (akin to 6.1)
- USA & territories, Canada
- ccDisc 1:
- Commentary by Jerry Bruckheimer, Tony Scott & naval experts
- Vintage gallery
- 4 music videos:
- Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone"
- Berlin "Take My Breath Away"
- Loverboy "Heaven in Your Eyes"
- Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens "Top Gun Anthem"
- TV spots
- Widescreen version enhanced for 16:9 TVs
- Dolby Digital: English 5.1 surround
- English Dolby surround
- French Dolby surround
- English 6.1 DTS surround
- English subtitles, Spanish subtitles
- Disc 2:
- Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun (6-part documentary)
- Multi-angle storyboards with optional commentary by director Tony Scott
- Behind-the-Scenes featurette
- Survival training featurette
- Tom Cruise interviews
- Production photography
Number of Discs