Detailshttps://www.fye.com/legendary-liberace-aec.mpi3535dvd.html aec.mpi3535dvd 6/25/02 New
Both a gifted pianist and a peerless showman, Liberace was a one-of-a-kind performer whose charm and way with a melody made him an enduring favorite in show business. The Legendary Liberace offers a look back at his career, featuring footage from his popular television series of the 1950s as well as highlights from specials he starred in in the 1970s and '80s, as well as recordings of his spectacular concert appearances in Las Vegas. Selections include "Sabre Dance," "Beer Barrel Polka," "It's Impossible," "Humoresque," "Minuet in G" by Beethoven, and a version of "Chopsticks" as it would have sounded if composed by Chopin. Jo Ann Castle of the Lawrence Welk Orchestra is host. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
MPI Home Video
NR -- Not rated
1 hour, 39 minutes
- No information available
- Additional Liberace music numbers, including a dance routine with Sammy Davis Jr.
- Recording studio session with Liberace
- A tour of the pianos and automobiles in the Liberace Museum conducted by collections manager Brian Paco Alvarez
- Comments by former Liberace Museum archivist and fan club president Pauline Lachance and publicist Jamie James
- "O Holy Night" and "I Don't Care"
- Liberace photo gallery
- Liberace Foundation scholarship winner Anthony Molinaro performing Gershwin's "I Got Rhythm"
Number of Discs