Best of TromaDance Film Festival, Vol. 1
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/best-of-tromadance-film-festival-vol.-1-fye.000000400118599647.html fye.000000400118599647 2/19/02 Used
Troma Team Pictures, the independent production company who've taken a brave stand for creative tastelessness with such films as The Toxic Avenger, Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D., and Terror Firmer, launched their own film festival to provide a showcase for real independent filmmakers in the midst of the annual Utah chaos that is the Sundance, Slamdance, Slamdunk, Nodance, and other film festivals. Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Vol. 1 collects three hours worth of short films screened at the Troma-sponsored festival, which charges no entry fee to filmmakers and offers free admissions to all their screenings. Highlights include Deadbeats, which marked the first screen appearance of wrestling star Mick Foley; Kill Mr. Kinski, a short based on a number of strange stories about working with the brilliant but notoriously difficult actor Klaus Kinski; Psychotic Odyssey, a dramatization of the grim career of a real-life serial career, re-enacted using hand puppets; purposefully rancid children's show parody H.R. Pukenshette; and Los Vampirios Moronious, featuring Karen Black. The video also includes a documentary on the festival produced for the British television series Edge TV. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
2 hours, 47 minutes
- No information available
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Contains the "TromaDance Episode" of the hit TV show "Troma's Edge TV"
- Lloyd Kaufman, creator of the TromaDance Film Festival, commentary
- Easter Egg of Karen Black's "Las Vampirios Moronious"
- Information of each director and film
- Tromatic trailers
Number of Discs