Star Wars: The Force Awakens
In this thrilling continuation of the epic space opera, ex-stormtrooper Finn (John Boyega), scrappy desert dweller Rey (Daisy Ridley), and droid companion BB-8 get caught up in a galactic war when they come across a map containing the whereabouts of the vanished Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill). They soon embark on an epic adventure that brings them face-to-face with heroes from the past, as well as new villains such as Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) and the First Order, a fascist regime that has emerged from the ashes of the old Empire. Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Peter Mayhew, and Anthony Daniels return to reprise their roles as, respectively, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and C-3PO. Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Gwendoline Christie co-star. J.J. Abrams directed from a script he co-wrote with Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt. The film also features new contributions from composer John Williams and sound designer Ben Burtt, whose familiar palette of sounds have helped define the Star Wars universe. ~ Violet LeVoit, Rovi
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby Digital Stereo
- USA & territories, Canada
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: a Cinematic Journey-for the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this full-length documentary.
- The Story Awakens: the Table Read-cast members, familliar and new, reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie's script.
- Building BB-8-see how J.J. Abrams and team brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
- Crafting Creatures-watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
- Blueprint of a Battle: the Snow Fight-go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
- John Williams: the Seventh Symphony-the legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
- ILM: the Visual Magic of the Force-an insider's look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie's visual effects.
- Plus-deleted scenes
- (Bonus features available on Blu-ray only)
Number of Discs