SolarMax [2 Discs]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/solarmax-2-discs-aec.slin9876dvd.html aec.slin9876dvd 4/2/02 New
This program on the history of the sun was the premier show at the opening of the IMAX theater in London in 2000. The production chronicles the story of the star upon which Earth depends for its existence. The spectacular photography illustrates the glory of the sun, including a close-up look at the tremendous power of sun spots, and their ability to disrupt life on Earth, millions of miles away. Ancient beliefs concerning the sun are contrasted with the latest findings of cutting-edge solar physics research in this homage to the sun. ~ Rose of Sharon Winter, Rovi
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Digital Theater Systems (akin to 5.1)
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Award-winning soundtrack CD
- Exclusive NASA DVD-ROM: "SOHO: Exploring the Sun"
- Commentary by producer and director
- Making-of featurette
- Documentary: "Spirits of the Polar Night: The Aurora"
- Hot facts trivia
Number of Discs