Silent Night, Deadly Night [Collector's Edition] [Blu-ray]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/silent-night-deadly-night-collectors-edition-blu-ray-aec.sfy18097br.html aec.sfy18097br 12/5/17 New
Offended parents and others protested this slasher film when it was released in 1984 because it portrays Billy (Robert Brian Wilson) as a toy-store Santa Claus who goes on a rampage and axes people to death while still in his Santa garb. Four sequels prove the adage that there is no such thing as bad publicity. When Billy was just a boy he saw someone dressed as Santa murder his parents at Christmastime. Billy's stint in an orphanage did nothing to unwarp his mind (he is tied to his bed for "misbehavior"), and when he starts playing Santa in the store -- much against his wishes since he is deathly afraid of both Christmas and Santa Claus, he first only frightens the children who come to see him. Then his mind snaps, and he repeats the scene he saw as a child, on one person after another, in full gory color. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
NR -- Not rated
1 hour, 25 minutes
- Dolby Digital Mono
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Disc One - Theatrical Version:
- Theatrical trailer
- Radio spot
- TV spots
- Disc Two - Unrated Version:
- NEW "Slay Bells Ring: the story of Silent Night, Deadly Night" - featuring interviews with writer Michael Hickey, co-executive producers Scott J. Schneid and Dennis Whitehead, editor/second unit director Michael Spence, composer Perry Botkin, and actors Robert Brian Wilson and Linnea Quigley
- NEW "Silent Night, Deadly Night Film Locations - Then and Now"
- NEW audio commentary with Robert Brian Wilson and Scott J. Schneid
- Audio commentary with Michael Hickey, Perry Botkin, Scott J. Schneid and Michael Spence
- Audio interview with director Charles E. Sellier, Jr.
- "Santa's Stocking of Outrage"
- Poster and still gallery
Number of Discs