Queen of Katwe [Blu-ray]
This biopic of Ugandan chess prodigy Phiona Mutesi (Madina Nalwanga) traces her journey from the Kampala slum of Katwe, where she is forced to abandon her formal schooling at the age of nine, to the upper echelons of the chess world after she develops an interest in the game at a youth-outreach program run by Robert Katende (David Oyelowo). Lupita Nyong'o co-stars as Mutesi's mother, who worries that her daughter's dreams of becoming a chess champion are a frivolous distraction from real life. Produced as a joint venture between Disney and ESPN Films, Queen of Katwe was directed by Mira Nair (Monsoon Wedding), and was adapted from a nonfiction book by sportswriter Tim Crothers, who became acquainted with Mutesi's story while on assignment for ESPN. ~ Violet LeVoit, Rovi
PG -- Parental guidance suggested
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby Digital Stereo
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Blu-ray region B (Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Greenland, French territories)
- Blu-ray region C (India, Mainland China, Russia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Central and South Asia)
- Queen of Katwe: Their Story-discover the stories behind the people who helped bring the film to life, and how they reflect the vibrant community, culture and spirit it celebrates.
- A Fork, a Spoon & a Knight-director Mira Nair's short film about Robert Katende, a boy who grows up to transform a Ugandan city into a globally renowned chess sanctuary.
- In the Studio with Alicia Keys-go behind the scenes with Alicia Keys for an inspiring look at the recording of her song "Back to Life."
- Alicia Keys "Back to Life" lyric video-sing along with on-screen lyrics.
- Young Cardamon & Hab" #1 Spice" music video-the Ugandan hip-hop duo bring the flavor in a music video directed by Mira Nair.
- Audio commentary-with director Mira Nair.
- Deleted scenes-with introduction by Mira Nair.
Number of Discs