Mr. 3000 [P&S]
Directed by Charles Stone III, Mr. 3000 revolves around over-the-hill baseball star Stan Ross (Bernie Mac), who retired after making what he thought was his 3,000th base hit for the Milwaukee Brewers (i.e. the exact amount of hits it takes to qualify for the Hall of Fame). Though he shocked his teammates by quitting in the middle of the game, certain that his Hall of Fame position was in the bag, complications arise when he discovers that three of his hits during his ten-year career had been disqualified. Known as Mr. 3000, the 47-year-old, out-of-shape ball player returns to the game intending to stay only as long as it takes to get the hits he needs, but something unexpected happens along the way -- he rediscovers his love for the game, and begins to serve as a mentor to one of the younger players. Mr. 3000 features Angela Bassett, Paul Sorvino, Michael Rispoli, and Evan Jones in supporting roles. ~ Tracie Cooper, Rovi
Buena Vista Home Entertainment
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Digital Theater Systems (akin to 5.1)
- USA & territories, Canada
- ccOutrageous outtakes
- Deleted scenes with optional director commentary
- Full uncut scenes from the film: SportsCenter, Mr. 3000 commercial, The Tonight Show
- "The Making of Mr. 3000"
- "Spring Training: The Extra's Journey"
- "Everybody Loves Stan"
- Director audio commentary
Number of Discs