Lion King: The Walt Disney Signature Collection [Include Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] 
One of the most popular Disney animated musicals, The Lion King presents the story of a lion cub's journey to adulthood and acceptance of his royal destiny. Simba (voiced first by Jonathan Taylor Thomas, then by Matthew Broderick) begins life as an honored prince, the son of the powerful King Mufasa (voiced by James Earl Jones). The cub's happy childhood turns tragic when his evil uncle, Scar (voiced by Jeremy Irons), murders Mufasa and drives Simba away from the kingdom. In exile, the young lion befriends the comically bumbling pair of Pumbaa the warthog (voiced by Ernie Sabella) and Timon the meerkat (voiced by Nathan Lane), he and lives a carefree jungle life. As he approaches adulthood, however, he is visited by the spirit of his father, who instructs him to defeat the nefarious Scar and reclaim his rightful throne. Borrowing elements from Hamlet, classical mythology, and African folk tales, The Lion King tells its mythic coming-of-age tale with a combination of spectacular visuals and lively music, featuring light, rhythmic songs by Elton John and Tim Rice, and a score by Hans Zimmer. Embraced by children and adults alike, the film also spawned hit songs ("Can You Feel the Love Tonight," "The Circle of Life") and a hit Broadway musical. In late 2002, The Lion King was re-released in the large-screen IMAX format. ~ Judd Blaise, Rovi
G -- General audience
1 hour, 28 minutes
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Blu-ray region B (Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Greenland, French territories)
- Blu-ray region C (India, Mainland China, Russia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Central and South Asia)
- The Recording Sessions - Enter the recording booth and watch never-before-seen voice recording sessions
- Inside The Story Room - Rare archival footage shows the origins of five iconic scenes
- Visualizing A Villain - Performance Artist David Garibaldi creates his own unique interpretation of the iconic villain, Scar
- The Lion King: Song Selection - All-New sing-along version of the movie
- -"Circle of Life"
- "I Just Can't Wait To Be King"
- "Be Prepared"
- "Hakuna Matata"
- "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
Number of Discs