Detailshttps://www.fye.com/joli-mai-aec.icaf162dvd.html aec.icaf162dvd 11/26/13 New
In this non-traditional documentary about Paris, instead of covering the usual sights and sounds of the city, writer/director Chris Marker takes his film crew to the streets and interviews people on the spot and in their homes. Comments range from the French-Algerian conflict and the stock market to everyday problems of housing, homelessness, working conditions, and moral and religious observations. Although the classic art and culture that made Paris famous worldwide is discussed, the primary focus is on how Parisians look at themselves and their everyday lives. ~ Dan Pavlides, Rovi
2 hours, 26 minutes
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono (Recorded in mono, but split to give the illusion of a stereo mix on home theater systems).
- USA & territories, Canada
- Bonus Disc:
- Playtime in Paris (Catherine Varlin / 1962 / 27'
- A Distant Gaze/... (Jean Ravel / 1964 / 12')
- Exercise In Direct Cinema (1962 / 5'), featuring Pierre Lhomme
- Deleted scenes
Number of Discs