Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back [2 Discs]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/jay-and-silent-bob-strike-back-2-discs-fye.000000400066835026.html fye.000000400066835026 2/26/02 Used
The frequently recurring title characters, employed by writer and director Kevin Smith as supporting players in several of his films, are put to rest with this comedy that focuses on them exclusively. Jay (Jason Mews) and Silent Bob (Smith) are a pair of stoned New Jersey slackers who have long been used as the templates for a pair of popular comic book heroes, Bluntman and Chronic. When they learn that their alter egos are to be turned into a major motion picture without their consent or compensation, the pair sets off for Hollywood to sabotage the production. Along the way, they encounter an ape, a nun (Carrie Fisher), the cast of Scooby-Doo, a Charlie's Angels-style band of sexy women who use them as stool pigeons in a diamond heist, and an unhinged wildlife ranger (Will Ferrell). They also meet up with some regulars from the Smith canon, including Alyssa Jones (Joey Lauren Adams), Brian O'Halloran as Dante Hicks, Jason Lee as Banky Edwards, Alanis Morissette as God, and actors Ben Affleck and Matt Damon in dual roles as themselves and two other familiar characters. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back co-stars numerous other recognizable performers in roles of various sizes, including Shannen Doherty, Jason Biggs, James Van Der Beek, Shannon Elizabeth, Tracy Morgan, Judd Nelson, Chris Rock, and George Carlin, among others. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
2.35:1 - Cinemascope
1 hour, 44 minutes
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- USA & territories, Canada
- Feature commentary track with director Kevin Smith, producer Scott Mosier, and Jason Mewes
- Deleted scenes with intros by Kevin Smith and guests
- The Secret Stash with intros
- Gag Reel with intro
- Internet trailers with intro
- TV spots
- Still galleries
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Morris Day and the Time, "Learnin' the Moves"
- Music Video: Afroman "I Got High"
- Music Video: Stroke 9 "Kick Some Ass"
- Comedy Central's "Reel Comedy: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"
- Cast and crew filmographies
- Guide to Morris Day and the Time
- French-language track
- Spanish subtitles
- DVD-ROM Materials:
- Open-Mic commentary
- Screenplay viewer
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound Special DVD Mix
- Widescreen (2.35:1) enhanced for 16x9 televisions
Number of Discs