In Her Shoes [WS]
Curtis Hanson's adaptation of Jennifer Weiner's novel In Her Shoes stars Toni Collette and Cameron Diaz as a pair of very close but very different sisters. Free-wheeling irresponsible Maggie Feller (Diaz) gets through her life thanks to her remarkable looks and her lack of scruples. She constantly goes to her straight-laced, plain-Jane successful lawyer sister Rose (Collette) for financial help. The two sisters have been very close to each other in part because their troubled mother died when they were girls. Right about the same time that Maggie discovers hidden letters that reveal she and Rose have a grandmother, Maggie does something to betray Rose's trust. Maggie sets off for Florida to find the grandmother. A failed workplace romance forces Rose to rethink her career, a career that has been the center of her life. As Rose tentatively begins a new relationship and Maggie gets to know her grandmother (played by Shirley MacLaine), the two learn a dark family secret that helps smooth the path toward reconciliation. ~ Perry Seibert, Rovi
20th Century Fox
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
- Dolby Digital w/ 4 channels of sound from a 2-channel stereo mix. DS -- Dolby Surround (4.0)
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- USA & territories, Canada
- cc"The People in the Shoes"
- "A Retirement Community for Acting Seniors"
- "From Death Row to the Red Carpet: The Casting of Honeybun"
Number of Discs