Dracula: Prince of Darkness [Blu-ray]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/dracula--prince-of-darkness-blu-ray-aec.sfy19257br.html aec.sfy19257br 12/18/18 New
Christopher Lee dons the evil Count's cloak once again after an 8-year hiatus for this first "authentic" sequel to Hammer Studios' Horror of Dracula (the literal 1960 follow-up Brides of Dracula did not feature Lee). The story begins when two stuffy vacationing couples make an ill-fated stopover at Castle Karlsbad in the Carpathian mountains -- despite the warnings of the mysterious Fr. Sandor (Andrew Keir) and the near-destruction of their coach when the terrified driver runs for his life. After a slightly tedious stretch, one of the men (Charles Tingwell) is sacrificed in a bloody Satanic ritual, orchestrated by the Count's loyal manservant Klove (Philip Latham) to bring the legendary vampire back to life. The revived Count immediately sets his sights on the man's wife (Barbara Shelley), making her his undead bride; the surviving pair seek refuge in Fr. Sandor's abbey, with the undead bloodsuckers in hot pursuit. This stylish and chilling production is imbued with Gothic atmosphere by director Terence Fisher (one of his last films for the studio) and remains one of the classier entries from Hammer's heyday. Also known as Revenge of Dracula. ~ Cavett Binion, Rovi
NR -- Not rated
1 hour, 30 minutes
- Dolby Digital Mono
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- NEW 4K scan of the original film elements
- NEW audio commentary with author Troy Howarth
- Audio commentary by Christopher Lee, Suzan Farmer, Francis Matthews and Barbara Shelley
- The World of Hammer episode "Dracula and The Undead"
- Documentary "Back To Black"
- Theatrical trailer
- Still gallery
Number of Discs