Contempt [Criterion Collection] [2 Discs]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/contempt-criterion-collection-2-discs-fye.000000400084750301.html amg_video.v10869 12/10/02 Used
Contempt is the story of the end of a marriage. Camille (Brigitte Bardot) falls out of love with her husband Paul (Michel Piccoli) while he is rewriting the screenplay Odyssey by American producer Jeremiah Prokosch (Jack Palance). Just as the director of Prokosch's film, Fritz Lang, says that The Odyssey is the story of individuals confronting their situations in a real world, Le Mépris itself is an examination of the position of the filmmaker in the commercial cinema. Godard himself was facing this situation in the production of Le Mépris. Italian producer Carlo Ponti had given him the biggest budget of his career, and he found himself working with a star of Bardot's magnitude for the first time. ~ Louis Schwartz, Rovi
2.35:1 - Cinemascope
PG -- Parental guidance suggested
1 hour, 44 minutes
- Dolby Digital Mono
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Blu-ray region B (Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Greenland, French territories)
- Audio commentary by film scholar Robert Stam
- Two short documentaries featuring Godard on the set of "Contempt"
- "The Dinosaur and the Baby": a 1967 conversation between Jean-Luc Godard and Fritz Lang
- New video interview with cinematographer Raoul Coutard
- Excerpt from an interview between Francois Chalais and Jean-Luc Godard about "Contempt"
- Theatrical trailer
Number of Discs