Brother Bear [Special Edition] [2 Discs]
In the Disney-animated adventure Brother Bear, Joaquin Phoenix provides the voice of Kenai, a young Native American boy whose brother, Sitka (voice of D.B. Sweeney), is killed by a mother bear protecting her cubs. With revenge in mind, Kenai sets out into the woods only to find himself magically transformed into a bear himself. Seeing the world through the eyes of his prey, Kenai is forced to learn a lesson about nature and life. On a comic footnote: Brother Bear also features the voices of Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas as Rutt and Tuke, moose characters reminiscent of their beer-guzzling McKenzie brothers from SCTV and Strange Brew; because this is a family-oriented cartoon - and it would be inappropriate for the moose to quaff beer -- the two moose express a fondness for eating wheat hops instead. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi
Walt Disney Video
G -- General audience
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Digital Theater Systems (akin to 5.1)
- THX-Certified Mastering
- USA & territories, Canada
- ccThree viewing options: Family-friendly aspect ratio (1.66:1) enhanced for 16 x 9 televisions; original theatrical aspect ratio (2.35:1) enhanced for 16 x 9 televisions; "Rutt & Tuke's Commentary" -- watch along with the hilarious moose from the film
- Fully animated outtakes (exclusive to the DVD)
- Deleted scenes, including a new character
- Two games featuring your favorite animals from the film
- All-new song by Phil Collins, "Fishing Song"
- "Paths of Discovery: The Making of Brother Bear"
- "Look Through My Eyes" music video featuring Phil Collins
Number of Discs