Blue Crush [WS] [Collector's Edition]
Detailshttps://www.fye.com/blue-crush-ws-collectors-edition-aec.mhv61022132dvd.html aec.mhv61022132dvd 1/14/03 New
Move over, Gidget -- a new breed of female surfers with style, guts and attitude hit the screen in this feature, which combines romance with a sports drama. Anne Marie (Kate Bosworth) is a young woman living in Hawaii who has been surfing since she was a little girl, and over the past year has been training for the prestigious Pipe Masters surfing competition. But Anne Marie is still dealing with emotional baggage that's holding her back -- her mother abandoned her years ago, leaving her to raise her younger sister Penny (Mika Boorem) while having to guide herself through adolescence, and Anne Marie nearly drowned while trying to surf the famous Maui Pipeline three years ago, and has yet to shake the anxieties of this traumatic event. Anne Marie and Penny share a house with Anne Marie's friends Lena (Sanoe Lake) and Eden (Michelle Rodriguez), both fellow surf enthusiasts, and the three friends work as maids at a hotel, a job which offers them flexible hours for riding the waves. When a pro football team checks into the hotel, Anne Marie meets Matt (Matthew Davis), a promising quarterback who has his eye on her. Anne Marie is just as attracted to Matt as he is to her, but will Anne Marie have to choose between the man of her dreams and the recognition as a surfer she's worked for years to receive? Kate Bosworth, Michelle Rodriguez, and Sanoe Lake did all their own surfing in Blue Crush; Bosworth and Rodriguez went into training to learn the sport before shooting began, while Lake, a native Hawaiian, was already a confirmed surf enthusiast. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
1 hour, 45 minutes
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- USA & territories, Canada
- "Three Friends, One Passion": The Making of "Blue Crush"
- Deleted scenes
- Lenny Kravitz music video "If I Could Fall in Love"
- "Filming Blue Crush": the techniques used to shoot the awesome footage
- "Wipeout!": the best wipeouts & action scenes caught on film
- "Surf Fashion"
- "Inside the World of Surfing": a look at the history, terminology, equipment and best places to surf
- Commentary with Kate Bosworth, Michelle Rodriguez and Sanoe Lake
- Commentary with director John Stockwell
- Cast and filmmakers' bios
- DVD-ROM features
- and much more
Number of Discs