BFG [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD]
Steven Spielberg directed this adaptation of Roald Dahl's beloved novel, which centers on the unlikely friendship between a lonely orphan named Sophie (Ruby Barnhill) and the titular "big friendly giant" (brought to life via a motion-capture performance from Mark Rylance). Together, the pair explore Giant Country and collect dreams; later, they try to warn the Queen of England (Penelope Wilton) about the threat posed by the other giants, who, unlike the vegetarian BFG, eat children for sustenance. The BFG made its world premiere at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, and is dedicated to the memory of screenwriter Melissa Mathison (who also wrote the script for Spielberg's E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial). Rebecca Hall, Bill Hader, Jemaine Clement, and Rafe Spall co-star. ~ Jack Rodgers, Rovi
PG -- Parental guidance suggested
1 hour, 58 minutes
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby Digital Stereo
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- USA & territories, Canada
- Blu-ray region A (North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Taiwan, North Korea, South Korea, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia)
- Blu-ray region B (Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Middle East, Greenland, French territories)
- Blu-ray region C (India, Mainland China, Russia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Central and South Asia)
- Blu-Ray Bonus Extras:
- Bringing The BFG to Life - take a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of the movie with Ruby Barnhill ("Sophie").
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me - a short about the friendship between the BFG and the little "bean" who lived in giant country before sophie.
- Gobblefunk: the wonderful words of The BFG - a whoopsey-splumkers tutorial on the BFG's gloriumptions gobblefunk.
- Giants 101 - meet the frightsome giants portrayed by actors Jemaine Clement, Bill Hader and more.
- Melissa Mathison: a tribute
Number of Discs