Batman Begins [SteelBook] [Blu-ray]
The origins of the Caped Crusader of Gotham City are finally brought to the big screen in this new adaptation of the perennially popular comic-book series. The young Bruce Wayne (Gus Lewis) leads a privileged life as the son of wealthy, philanthropist parents, both of whom stress their commitment to improving the lives of the citizens of crime-ridden Gotham City. After his mother and father are murdered by a mugger, however, Wayne grows into an impudent young man (Christian Bale), full of rage and bent on retribution until encouraged by his childhood sweetheart, Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes), to search for answers beyond his own personal vendettas. Wayne eventually finds discipline in the Far East under the tutelage of Henri Ducard (Liam Neeson), a member of the mysterious League of Shadows who guides him in the study of martial arts -- and the ways in which an ordinary man can hone his senses to an almost superhuman acuity. After seven years away from Gotham, Wayne returns, determined to bring peace and safety back to the city. With the help of his faithful manservant, Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine), and Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), a scientist at his late father's corporation, Wayne develops a secret identity as Batman, a masked fighter for justice. But when a shady psychiatrist (Cillian Murphy) joins forces with the criminal underworld, Wayne realizes that putting an end to their nefarious plans will be very difficult indeed. Batman Begins also features Gary Oldman as Lt. James Gordon and Tom Wilkinson as the crime boss Carmine Falcone. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Warner Home Video
PG13 -- Parents strongly cautioned
- Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
- Dolby TrueHD
- The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue [In High Definition].
- Tankman Begins: a Batman Begins spoof.
- Batman - The Journey Begins: concept, design and development of the film as well as the casting of Batman himself.
- Shaping Mind And Body: observe Christian Bale's transformation into Batman.
- Gotham City Rises: witness the creation of Gotham City, The Batcave, Wayne Manor and more.
- Cape And Cowl: the development of the new Batsuit.
- Batman - The Tumbler: the reinvention of the Batmobile.
- Path To Discovery: a look at the first week filming on rugged and remote Iceland locations.
- Saving Gotham City: the development of miniatures, CGI and effects for the Monorail Chase scene.
- Genesis Of The Bat: a look at the Dark Knight's incarnation and influences on the film.
- Reflections On Writing Batman Begins with David S. Goyer.
- Digital Batman: the effects you may have missed.
- Batman Begins Stunts-Confidential Files: discover facts and story points not in the film.
- Stills Gallery
- Theatrical trailer
Number of Discs